Monday, April 29, 2019

Parchment Crafted Flower in Black and White

For the fifth Monday in April, Double Trouble Challenge Blog #27 is having us use our "stuff", add words, and add our creation with one of the previous partners. Do visit their site to read the complete post as you do not have to do all of these things to participate.
New to parchment crafting, I am happy to share one of my first little flowers. It sits on a double layer of scallops from Little B and is attached with a tiny black brad. (parchment, like vellum does not hide glue well)

I pulled out a piece of faux sentiment paper (Petite Patterns) from Gina K that I have been hording forever, then added a heat embossed sentiment from Simon Says Stamps, Tiny Words.  Finally, I added some ribbon and enamel dots from my stash.

I selected to share and use the sketch from Stampin' on Tuesday.
Thanks for your visit! I always enjoy reading your comments!

11 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS! LOVING that layered flower!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! You will see a lot more of these in the future as I am smitten by parchment crafting!

      Delete
  2. So pretty, Jean - love these layered doilies, and the parchment elements look wonderful! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Heather, and thanks for the sweet comment!

      Delete
  3. VERY pretty card, Jean! Did you stamp your parchment, or emboss it? It makes for a lovely centerpiece for you "flower"! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I traced a flower on to the parchment paper with a white pencil, then I turned it over and embossed it using a round tool that turns the parchment paper white. Lots of different techniques to this craft, Donna, so I know it will keep me busy learning for a long time!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I like how it turned out!!!

      Delete
  4. Love your pretty parchment flower layered on your pretty doily cuts against the word design paper. I have used this technique before and in fact I have one I never used which I may pull out of hiding and put on a card. Love that you shared your card with us and combined it with Try Stampin' on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I come upon backgrounds that were made in the past, I can't remember how I did them! You are lucky that you can and I'm looking forward to seeing it, Sue! Thanks for the nice comment!

      Delete
  5. Ooooh! So pretty! I love what you have created with the parchment. Thank you for joining in at the Double Trouble Challenge #27.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melanie. I am loving working with parchment!

      Delete