Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Let's Get Groovy

Double Trouble Challenge Blog #25 has teamed up with Cupcake Inspirations  #467 with a challenge of "Let's get Groovy" with some wood elements and some woodland critters. At the same time, Gina K has a challenge to do some ombre ink blending.
I selected some of Gina K's inks in Jelly Belly Green, Prickly Pear, and Wild Dandelion for my ombre background blending and sprayed with a bit of shimmer spritz. I then stamped the "wood" tree from Paper Smooches. From the same set, I colored the owl and squirrel from Fanciful Fall with Copics and used the matching dies to cut them out. For the pop our frame, I used Gina K's A Beautiful Life stamp that I heat embossed with white and colored with matching watercolors to the inside panel.  The sentiment comes from the same set.
Gina K
#467
Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading any comments you find the time to leave for me!

8 comments:

  1. Love love love this! LOVING that owl, the squirrel and the flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie! Always enjoy playing with the challenges from Double Trouble!

      Delete
  2. Love the way you did the frames and great background colors, and what adorable woodland critters. Thanks again for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Cupcake Inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card design and wonderful colors. I love the little animals too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Jean! This is gorgeous. Those elegant flowers are so unexpected with the cute critters. Great coloring, too. Thank you for playing along at Double Trouble #25.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melanie. Leave it up to me to force things together that don't really belong, LOL!

      Delete