Saturday, September 1, 2018

Ms Scarecrow with Squirrels

The delightful fall image for our September Progressive Freebie over at The Outlawz comes from Mary of CreatefulHeartsCards , Ms. Scarecrow with Squirrels. 
I printed the image out on Neenah Desert Storm 100 lb. cardstock and colored using Polychromos colored pencils. I added some white gel pen for the buttons and dots, then cut out with the Die-namics Wonky Stitched Rectangles. The card base is also the Neenah cardstock. The white layered piece was wrapped with a loose weave burlap and a rough string was tied. Finally, I added a burlap butterfly that I had in my stash.

Loving this image, and curious about what Copics would do on this paper, I did a second one.

The background is done with Distress Oxides. Which do you prefer?

If you haven't yet joined us for this monthly free challenge, do request to be part of the group. It's easy to join The Outlawz and loads of friendly people to help you out until you get the hang of finding your way around.

Thanks for stopping by! I do read all of your comments and truly enjoy doing so.


4 comments:

  1. Love love love these! LOVING those scarecrows!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. Wouldn't it be fun to have a real scarecrow?

      Delete
  2. Both versions are beautiful! I can’t pick a favorite! He’s too cute to scare anyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wanting to see how Copics worked on the Desert Storm paper since I had read that they would; however, I don't think the markers look as good as the pencils. I might try again, but add pencils over the marker which seems to be my favorite way to color these days anyway. Thanks for visiting and for your constant support, Janet!

      Delete