Friday, September 21, 2018

Alcohol Ink Transfer

I watched Jennifer McGuire's recent video using a Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink Fillable pen to do an alcohol blend coloring video. I was enamored by the technique. I do have one of those pens, but mine is filled with gamsol and I use it with my colored pencils. Being too impatient to wait for a delivery, I grabbed an extra Copic colorless blender that I have and found it to work beautifully! Yes, it does stain, but I found it worked just as well with the stains. I will keep this one as a dedicated ink removal tool in my alcohol ink supplies box.
I found this cute little dragon already printed out on to cardstock. Ever run across stamped images and have no idea who they are from or what ink you used or what paper you used? Well, if anyone can "name this stamp" please do so in the comments below.

It's odd that I had just pulled out a stack of alcohol ink papers and had trimmed them to size. I had a pile of strips of Yupo paper with ink already on sitting on my work surface before seeing that video. So, I was ready to grab ink from the strips with my colorless blender and add them to this sweet dragon.

The Birch Frames Die are from C.C. Designs. (I am unable to find them to link.) I also made some rosettes (am I the only one who burns their fingers every time while using a hot glue gun?) with some of the remaining strips; why not? I found this to be a fun process.

Thanks so much for dropping by. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this technique.

Shared with:
Crafting With Friends
A Bit More Time to Craft Challenge
Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge
Crafty Catz Challenge


6 comments:

  1. Wonderful card displaying your new technique . Cute image too. Thanks for sharing with us today over at Digichoosday

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always come up with something new! Another thing I must try sometime! I love the effect you got here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janet. I just get bored so quickly and must try out new things daily or I would truly lose my mine!

      Delete