Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Summer is Iced Coffee Time

Little Acres Creations on Facebook, has a challenge for June called "Summer"! When I think of summer, I know that a big change for me is my coffee becomes "iced" for more hours during the day!
The paper is a shaving cream print. I used an SVG from My Scrap Chick to cut out the cup (with some alterations to make it taller and thinner), then added the words with the new Balloon Alphabet Stamp Set, and the ice cubes from the Cafe Dreamers' set. I stamped with embossing ink and heat set using a white embossing powder. Then, I swiped some dark brown ink over the cup and wiped the excess off over the white embossing. The original paper was popped up over the now dark cup so it is recessed.

Thanks for stopping by.

Also shared with:
Double Trouble (Do not use patterned paper.)

8 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the creamy coffee look of that background. You captured that moment when the cream is swirled through, but not completely mixed in. What a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Miko. That was the first thing I thought of too when I made that print!

      Delete
  2. Such a clever technique, Jean, along with a great coffee card! Thank you for playing along at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That background is awesome with your ice tea image, and love how you brought those balloon stamps and ice cubes together. Thanks again Jean for sharing with us at DOUBLE TROUBLE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just HAD to get those letter stamps, Sue. I just love them. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Iced coffee is great any time of the year! I love how you used just browns and whites for this card, Jean...brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Janet. I love my iced coffee all year round too!

      Delete