Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Let's Just Color Indoors and Stay Cool

Double Trouble, Challenge #7, is all about the dog days of summer. Thing one asks how you keep cool, Thing Two double dares us to link up with HeARTful Stamping Challenge, and Thing Three asks us to include something we like to eat or drink when it is hot outside. And, Paper Smooches has an anything goes challenge this month, and I'm also doing the Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Contest!  I think I've got it all in this one card!

In the hot summer, I just want to stay inside and play with colors! I also need to have a nice cold iced coffee nearby!
I had so much fun creating an easel to paint on. It even has a little ledge on the bottom! I used the Paper Smooches Paint Palette several layers deep so I could add some "paint" (Nuvo Crystal Drops). The painting, Stampabilities coffee cup, on the easel is colored with Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens. The palette and easel were cut from Stampin' Up wood textures paper stack. The canvas is cut with Die-namics Wonky Stitched Rectangles, and the sentiment is from TimHoltz Small Talk.
Double Trouble

Paper Smooches

Coloring Contest
 Thanks for the visit. I always enjoy reading your comments!

12 comments:

  1. looks like you paint like I do...messily! I love the splatters! The paint on your palette looks so real. I have a bottle of crystal drops but haven't got brave enough to try, but stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Tracey, I wish I could make myself wear an apron, but not gonna happen, LOL! You will have fun with the drops, but always do a couple on a scrap paper first. First to get our air bubbles, and second to have one to touch. Otherwise, if you are as impatient as I, you will mess up your "real" drop!

      Delete
  2. This is sooooooooooo fun! LOVING the paint pallet!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one was so much fun to put together, Julie. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  3. I love those fun dots of color, Jean. Such a creative idea! I also love the subject of the painting! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed creating this, Janet. It kind of took me back to my doll house making days! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Jean, what a great card, love the color palette with all the colors and the variety of nuvo color dots you used and matched...adorable and fun card and love the easel you created. Thanks for sharing again with us at Double Trouble...always enjoy your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, as always, Jean! I love the way you coffee cup is not yet fully painted and the embellishments are the perfect touch. Thank you for joining us at the Double Trouble Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melanie! I have had the paint pallet for so long and never used it, so I really enjoyed playing!

      Delete
  6. SO cool! Of course you made me buy that die! #jeanmademebuyit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I MADE you buy it! That’s what friends are for!

      Delete