Thursday, March 28, 2019

Cardinal and Embossing Folder

The optional twist for Twisted Thursday is Favorite Product or Technique & Why?

I don't know if I could call this a "favorite" technique as I love trying out new things on a daily basis, but I do like the added texture of embossing folders that have been swiped over with using an ink pad. I used a Darice embossing folder with trees, and the cardinal comes from our sponsor Anne's Digital Art.
I colored a simple base on the image using Copics and then added details using Prismacolor pencils. The sentiment, Friends, is from Altenew and white heat embossed.

Thanks for coming by. Hope you'll join us. Remember, the twist is always optional!

8 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! This is just gorgeous! I love that cardinal!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss seeing cardinals and bluejays here in AZ, Julie. We have loads of birds but nothing quite so colorful. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. So gorgeous, I was just mentioning to Janet how the cardinal is my state bird and I love seeing the bright red agains the crisp white snow in winter! They are so handsome for the holidays! Your card shows this so well with the trees in the embossing! Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you; they are really beautiful. Thanks, Katrina!

      Delete
  3. We were thinking alike again, Jean! I love how you used that embossed background! Fabulous idea, as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janet! We often seem to have similar thoughts!

      Delete
  4. Jean I love your background so neat the way you have created it, it's fun doing things you love doing the best a truly beautiful card. Big hugs to you. My Grandson and his partner had a sweet little girl on Friday she was born on her brothers birthday 29th March. I'll thrilled. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Congrats GreatGrandma! And, thank you too!

      Delete