Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Wing It with Gina K

For the May, 2019, monthly mix challenge for Gina K Designs, the prompt is "Wing It"
I have stacks of Gina K stamps, but I had nothing with wings. It took me a bit to come up with this idea using the beautiful Peaceful Roses set. I colored it with Copics and then die cut it with a butterfly die from Stampendous.

The embossed background folder is from The Paper Studio. I used one of my favorite techniques by rubbing some Gina K Jelly Bean Green over the butterflies on Gina K paper. Then I sprayed it with some sparkle spray.

The sentiment comes from the same set and was heat embossed. I added some faux stitching, some extra leaves from the original cut out butterfly, and and popped the sentiment strip. A round embossing ball on the back of the butterfly created dimension and then I popped only the body portion.

Thanks for your visit. This proves that you don't need to own everything to get the job done. Look at your stash and I'll bet you can join in this challenge too!

4 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS! LOVING the colors and those flowers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie. I'm not always totally happy with what I've done, but I am loving this one myself :)

      Delete
  2. Love your card! Thanks for playing along in my challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit, Rema. It was really a challenge, but I was happy to have come up with something. :)

      Delete