Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Fun with Cross Stitching




The May Paper Smooches challenge prompt is "fun"! Well, I'm here to tell you that I am having so much fun with the cross stitch dies and I'm not even a cross stitcher! (Well, maybe I am now?)
The bottom layer is a Darice embossing folder to which I added some Gina K inks. The layered hello is recessed under the embossed panel and the cross stitched circle is popped. I added a few drops of translucent yellow Nuvo Crystal Drops. I kind of free form stitched (creative way to say I just let the needle go anywhere it wanted, and that's the "fun" part) the butterfly and then added traditional cross stitching with the blue. (to show I really can follow directions, but often don't want to)


Thank you for stopping by. I hope you will go have some "fun" too!

No comments:

Post a Comment