Thursday, January 7, 2016

Yikes It's 2016!

Happy New Year everyone! Yikes (the name of this cute image from our sponsor, Stitchy Bear) it's hard to believe that it is already 2016! Our twist this week, over at Twisted Thursday on The Outlawz, is to add pets or animals.

The background paper is from the Hello Winter by Echo Park Paper pack. I added some Stickles over the pre-printed snowflakes. the large layered snowflakes were made using a SGV file from Sherri Baldy that I cut with a Scan n Cut, sprayed with matching Copics, and popped up with foam tape. The penguin's beak, flippers, and eyes were touched up with a bit of Wink of Stella. The upper part of him is popped with foam so he can slide behind the snowflake strip.

The inside has a strip of coordinating paper that I cut with a Martha Stewart edge trimmer.
Showing Inside
Copic Colors Used
Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your comments!
http://stitchybearstamps.com/shop/

8 comments:

  1. Haahaa, I love this penguin's facial expression Jean! That exactly how I reacted to came January 1st! This is an awesome scene layout and great touch with the snowflakes. -Hugs, Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing how the years rush by so quickly, Christina? I used to think it was age, but I have come to realize that it is because we allow ourselves so little down time. We don't even know what it is to slow down or to just dream, or, heaven forbid, get bored. We all need to slow down a bit and enjoy and perfect the art of doing nothing again, don't you think?

      Delete
  2. Jean, this penguin is so funny! What a face he's making! I love how you colored him and set up a scene for him! And those snowflakes beside him are a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sure is a funny looking penguin. I have a great niece who LOVES penguins, so I know where he is going. Thanks, Carrie!

      Delete
  3. Love the expression on his face and it's a fun winter scene you've created, love those decorative snowflakes too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, for sure! I love this little penguin! Those snowflakes are beautiful! You are doing so much with your Scan n Cut! I should use mine more often! Ditto on the year's flying by! I agree, we need some down time in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janet. I wish I had more hours to play with my Scan n Cut. It sure can do a lot. But, then of course, it would cut into my "down" time..... like I have any LOL!

      Delete