Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Watercolor for Cardmaking

Here's something a bit different for you to look at. I am taking part of and online water color class for cardmakers. These cardmaking classes have all been very informative and fun. If you're looking for inspiration, they are well worth the cost.

This is the first one that I did. It was to learn blending. I also learned that I really should spring for some "real" watercolor paper LOL!
The second one was used to make a card. I used sticky backed foam sheets cut to size for the backing to keep the paper from buckling, and adhered it to the cardstock. I only used two colors, Cadmium Yellow Hue and Cadmium Red, both from Winsor Newton, Cotman water color tubes. The sentiment is a Simon Says die cut that I did in two colors. Finally, I added some stitching lines in dark blue and a few dark blue dots.
Thanks for stopping by. I'd love constructive comments to encourage me to improve with my water coloring!

8 comments:

  1. These are great Jean! I love all the yellow its bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. I'm really enjoying this class a lot!

      Delete
  2. Nice job Jean! Wonderful colors. When I use watercolors and my watercolor paper starts buckling all I do is take my crafting iron and on the backside iron it and it flatten real nice. Thought I would share and hope this helps.
    Hugs Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, Pat. I do have a craft iron just sitting here, so I will remember this.

      Delete
  3. Ohhhh, I am loving this, Jean! You will have to tell me more about these classes....it sounds like something I'd like! These are both great cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enabler that I am, I will certainly let you know about this class and all the other wonderful card making classes that they offer :) Thanks, Janet!

      Delete
  4. I love your card, Jean! I think everything you do just turns out fabulous!! Very talented you are!!
    Hugs!
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always so encouraging, Darcy. Thank you :)

      Delete