Thursday, August 11, 2016

Fun in the Sun Catching Bugs

This week, the optional twist over at Twisted Thursday, The Outlawz, is "fun in the sun"! Our sponsor is Bugaboo, and I selected this sweet little bug catcher called KK Girl Bugs.
The background paper was made with Tombow markers scribbled on water color paper and then sprayed heavily with water. When dry, I used a clear tree and leaves stamp from Fiskars to clear emboss. A baby wipe removed some of the marker color. The sentiment was white embossed over a scrap and the rest of the scraps were used to make the hearts for the inside. The image was die cut with a Gina Marie Designs die and  popped up for interest and some sparkly heart stickers were added for extra fun.
Copic Colors Used

Inside 



Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy reading your comments!


4 comments:

  1. Jean, I always love to look at your cards to get some great ideas, and the background you made here with your markers and stamps intrigues me! I'll have to give it a try! Great job using the scraps for your die cut embellishments, too! You should get extra credit for using ladybugs two weeks in a row, also!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a sweet thing to say, Carrie. I think I have a lot of ladybug stamps, LOL!

      Delete
  2. Jean, she is adorable out catching butterflies! That background is amazing.....I want to get away from the long project I'm engrossed in right now and play with that technique! ..........ok, I'll be an adult and finish what I have out on the table! ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Katrina. That's what I love about being of a certain age. I can be a kid again and who can tell me I can't LOL!

      Delete