Friday, August 10, 2018

Fading Cheshire Cat

I must admit to being kind of crazy about anything Alice. One of the things that I loved was the idea of the fading Cheshire cat! I just got all my Wonderland stamps yesterday from Visible Image and just had to try to make a Cheshire cat in the process of disappearing.
I created a small rainbow watercolored panel using Prima The Classics watercolors. Then, I stamped the cat with Versafine ink and clear embossed it. I used clear water on a brush and tapped with paper towel to remove the color from inside the stamped image to get the faded cat.

The sentiment, from the same set, was stamped with Distress Oxides and then clear embossed as well. The background panel was also colored with the Distress Oxides and sprayed with a sparkle spray. I punched a hole in order to add a clear ribbon holding an Alice in Wonderland charm. The little Alice comes from Funny Sticker World. The shapes are die cut from Double Stitched Scalloped Rectangle Frame from Poppy stamps. And, some Nuvo Crystal Drops added just a bit more interest.

This is the first entry to my new MemoryDex box that will be dedicated to all things Alice. You will see lots more as this box grow, I hope.

Thank you for stopping by. I do love reading your comments!

Shared with:
Crafty Creations Challenges
The Daily Marker 30 Coloring Contest

10 comments:

  1. I love your color choices and fading cat. You nailed the background. Thanks for joining us and good luck!
    Hugs, Joy
    Craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Joy, and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I loveeeeeeeee this!! Those colors are AMAZING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, I love reading your enthusiastic comments. You always put a big smile on my face!

      Delete
  3. Love the colors in this creations! Beautifully done once again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a bit of a color riot now and then, Angela, LOL! Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Such a delightful creation, Jean! The colors are scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janet! Those Distress Oxides really are perfect for creating rich and/or bright colors!

      Delete
  5. This is tooooo cool! Love what you did here, you creative lady!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how you notice the techniques used for different effects, Katrina. Thank you!

      Delete