Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Swish the Angelfish

This month, our sponsor for the Freebie Progressive Monthly Challenge over at The Outlawz is "me"! Some of you may know that I am a Certified Zentangle Teacher, so I designed an angelfish using some tangles. I also created one without tangles so that participants can skip the tangled parts or add their own. I hope you all enjoy Swish the Angelfish.
This one was colored with Copics and mounted on an Oxide Distress Ink background. Swish is full of tangles in this version.

It important for you to know that these images, while using some of the patterns of Zentangle are in actuality ZIA’s (Zentangle Inspired Art). The Zentangle® method is an easy to learn, relaxing and fun way to use structured patterns to create beautiful images. Find out more about this method from the founders of this meditative approach to art on their website. Zentangle.com

If you are interested in seeing what I do with Zentangle, I invite you to visit my other blog, Tangle Street.

Here is a simplified version of Swish with some organic tangles added as water foliage. (Colored pencils with Gamsol.)
And, finally, I wanted you to see what fun it is to use digital images by resizing and flipping so that Swish can go in both directions in this shaker card. (Watercolored fish with a texture paste through a stencil for the background.)
Thank you so much for visiting. I'm looking forward to seeing how "Swish" becomes part of other members of our group. I would love to read your comments!

4 comments:

  1. I love your little Angel fish, .Jean, and I can't wait to work with them! These three cards are gorgeous and are giving me ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Janet. I am so glad that you like my little Swish and I can't wait to see what you do with the images :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Jean! I saw your beautiful angel fish over at Edwina Brown's blog. She did an outstanding work with it. Love your cards and the colors. I especially love the last card. My! What incredible and beautiful details going on in that one. Jean, I wish you a wonderful weekend ahead. Take care and hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice to see you pop up on my blog, Christina. I have missed you. Thanks for the sweet comment and hugs back!

      Delete