Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Hot Chick Flamingo Shaker Card

From the Heart, i {heart} card sketches w/ a tWiSt #153 offered a sketch and an optional twist to fussy cut the image. I wasn't able to fussy cut this sweet flamingo because his legs were just to skinny LOL! However, I did flip the image because I had something totally different in mind when I began this card. This image is called Hot Chick Flamingo and I knew I wanted to make a shaker card. Then, everything went sideways on me. Ever have one of those days? At least I followed the sketch, and it turned out fine (but different) in the end. The image was colored with Polychromos pencils. The sentiment comes with the set.
Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your comments!

14 comments:

  1. great card! Love the colors and the shaker element!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. I love shaker cards. I don't make them often as I always seem to make such a mess LOL!

      Delete
  2. What a fun card. I love all the bling and beads on the shaker part of the card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol. It is a lot of fun to just go crazy sometimes :)

      Delete
  3. Funny, Jean. I had the same thought about a Shaker Card and made one ! Your´s is lovely and the DP fits perfectly.

    Thanks for joining us @ From the Heart Stamps !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Imke, I had to go see what you did, and your shaker card is amazing! Thank you for your kind comments :)

      Delete
  4. I just love shaker cards and this one is at the top of my favorites list! Wow, it's fabulous! The colors make it so summery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it, Janet. It took me most of the day LOL! I think it will go to my granddaughter for her birthday in July. She loves to mess with words and will love the "bird-day"!

      Delete
  5. Super fun shaker card, Jean! Love the mix of papers with the new Flamingo image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Cynthia. That flamingo will be fun to use over and over!

      Delete
  6. Love your shaker card, Jean! Love all of the beads and your papers are just perfect for that Hot Chick! Thanks for joining us at FTHS for Sketch #153!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Pink, and for leaving a sweet comment!

      Delete
  7. Wonderful card - love shaker cards and bright colours! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a tWist - hope to see you again next time!

    ReplyDelete