Monday, December 21, 2015

Hello Snowman Sketch with Distress Edges

From the Heart, i {heart} card sketches w/ a tWiSt #132 offered a sketch and an optional twist to do distressing to the edges. I chose to do both. This sweet little snowman is called "Hello Snowman", and a perfect image for just a hello (especially good for a knitting friend, which I have several!).
I used Polychromos colored pencils for the color, and added some Wink of Stella to the snowman. The sentiment, which comes in this set, and the blue heart were popped up on foam tape. The edges of the circle and sentiment were distressed and I added some Broken China Distress Inks to the edges.

Thank you so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments. I'd also like to wish, to all of your who celebrate, a very Merry Christmas!

12 comments:

  1. Haha. I love this sweetie. What a beautiful smile and love the hat, scarf and hearts Jean! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christina. Glad you could drop by before you leave :)

      Delete
  2. How sweet is this! Thank you for sharing your gorgeous card and for joining us at From the Heart Stamps in our weekly sketch challenge :-) Hope you have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The distressing works perfectly with the image you chose, especially those hearts. Thanks so much for your creativity and sharing it with us at From the Heart Stamps for Sketch #132. Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. Happy Holidays to you as well!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE your cute take on the sketch. The hearts with the stitched pattern are a brilliant embellishment! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brenda. I hope you had a Merry Christmas too!

      Delete
  5. So sweet, Jean! I love his knit hat and those hearts! Such a happy face on this guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janet. Who couldn't love such a sweet snowman? I am having so much fun with this series.

      Delete
  6. Wonderful card! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a tWist - hope to see you again next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tip Top. I appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment!

      Delete