Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Celebrating World Postage Day with a Meljen's Design

Over at the Outlawz Friday Coloring Challenge, the prompt was "World Postage Day"! I really had to think hard on this one. It is getting more and more difficult to find stamps that I already own for challenges and, well, the budget does slow me down a little (very little actually, but enough is enough sometimes HAHA).
I really had a lot of fun with this one. I used a stamp from Meljen's Designs and, after coloring it with my Copics B63, BV17, BV13m YR16, and BG000 (just had to use my new Hydrangea Copic. I LOVE the color). Then, I made a small white envelope. You could really put your own little letter to a friend when you're ready to send it. The letter will slide in and the flap will close for fitting the completed card into a larger envelope. I also cut carefully around the heart and made some little letters that stick out so it looks like the birdies are delivering the mail. The top portion of the birds and the sentiment are popped up. Some greens, a few orange dots, and all ready to go into the post.
Entered in Crafting with Dragonflies also.

2 comments:

  1. Love your blue (hydrangea blue) birds. A cute card. Thank you for sharing your work with us at Crafting with Dragonflies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I think that it is just such a beautiful color!

      Delete