Thursday, August 14, 2014

Meljen's Hot Air Balloon, Baby Cards, and a Pop-Up

I loved the challenge from Meljen's Designs this week. We were to do "Splat"! Well, I adore splatting since I am an art journaler as well. So, splat I did. I used white paint on the blue card and just blew away on it. I used sprays on the yellow and then took the sprayer tube out of the blue and tapped on it to make splats. On the one just under the wonderful Hot Air Balloon, from Meljen, I splatted cream acrylic on green cardstock then mixed up some blue acrylic with water and tapped above with a big brush to drop splats on it. The balloon is fussy cut and raised with foam squares as is the sentiment.
Hot Air Balloon from Meljen's Designs
Spray inks
Copic Markers Used













Two new babies this week for different neighbors. Both boys. So I assembled both at the same time keeping them at least a bit different in case they compare LOL!

Copics Used
Pop-Up Card
This card is folded many ways and then pops up to open. What a fun card. I got this from The Frugal Crafter (on YouTube, type in "how to make a pop up explosion card". She goes a tiny bit fast on the video but I just stopped it and did a screen shot of the measurement and printed it out. I enjoy her videos so much. Great fun!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Jean! They are all beautiful! Thanks for your sweet comments on my splatter card. I have signed up to follow your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Donna. I added you back on Bloglovin so I can keep up with you as well :)

      Delete
  2. Love all of the ways you inked and splatted your card! It looks like you had a messy, good time! Your baby cards are simply adorable as well.

    Thank you for joining us this week at Meljen’s Designs for our Splat! Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rae Ann. I do have fun when I am getting messy HAHA!

      Delete